Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom...I don't know how you did it!

I LOVE MY MOM!  I really do!  
I think in the past 3 years I have grown to appreciate her more and more.  I honestly believe that she is the most selfless person I have ever met.  To have taken on 3 girls and raise them as her own is phenomenal!  I am thankful for her:

- laughter when I asked her how she dealt with 6 daughters in one house!  HORMONE CENTRAL!

- understanding when I call her and say being a mother is the hardest job I have ever done - and I have only 1 son!

- Always welcoming Elijah as her own grandson - sending him superhero pajamas, LARGE bags of candy, a wooden flute from the Bahamas (to annoy me - he LOVES it though), books galore, puzzles etc.

- Washing my mouth out with soap when I talked back - it only took one good time for me to learn not to do that again

- Sacrificing so much so I could go on the Washington D.C. trip in 7th grade

- making a way out of no way when I was warming the basketball benches in jr. high school to buy those 'necessary' team white basketball shoes

- searching for the caramel popcorn recipe that I remember her making as a child - YUMMERS

Thank you Mommy for all you have done and all you do daily for all your daughters!  Your life is an encouragement to me as a strive to be as good as a mom as you were/are!  Happy Mother's Day! 

I love you! 

1 comment:

kimbasa said...

Way to make me cry! :) Seriously- super sweet, Love!!!

Thank you Love's mommy...for helping to raise her to be one of my BFF's for life!!!!