Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blueberry Picking

We went blueberry picking.  I had a GREAT time!  We got to eat all the blueberries we could possibly eat while we picked through the fields.  I mean it had rained that morning so I figured that the good Lord had already washed the blueberries off for us so that we could eat them right off the bush. (I know country, huh?)

Elijah, on the other hand, was NOT feeling the experience.  He even had a friend there, Aiden, that was overly excited about the experience....but not my lil man.  

Here are a few facts about Elijah:

1. He does NOT like his hands to be dirty for too long

2. He does NOT like his clothes or shoes to be dirty either

3. He does NOT like insects to fly around him

4. He STRONGLY believes that you MUST wash all your fruit before eating it( ....... pretty sure he gets that from me).......now I know this sounds like a good thing, but my lil man even washes his oranges!  

5.  He does NOT like blueberries.....I had him taste some in the field and he said he did not like it, but after we got home - he said he MAY try some after I have washed them off in the sink. hmmm??? 

check out the look on his face....this was in the beginning...things weren't looking too promising for a return trip to the blueberry fields already...he he he
This is my girl, Jene, she has been my right hand through this 6 month deployment!  Her hubby is deployed with Eddie also. Love ya Jene!  She has an accent mark over the 2nd e, but I just can't seem to do it on Eddie's Mac.  Sorry friend:( 

....he 'acted' like he was tasting it..he threw it down afterwards
So these are our baskets ....... he tried his hardest to get enough to cover the bottom of the basket, just couldn't mustard up the strength to brave all that dirt, the possibility of frogs in the field and random insects flying around his head.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Ahhh... what a cutie! I can kind of relate... I HATE to be dirty, go outside, touch nature... etc. Weird that I married a science guy who would rather do all of those things.

Nozomi @JapaNeedz said...

Wooooo love that expression on your son! Oh hi. I am Nozomi, Japanese :). Just opened a blog on blogger the other day ;). Yoroshiku!

Your son's face saying..... what are we going to do here....?!?! LOL

katie said...

I have been CRAVING to go fruit picking. The little orchard we go to here in AZ had a frost last year so they didn't get any peaches and i didn't want to go up to just pick crab apples. I wish i could be there w/ you!!