Wednesday, September 9, 2009

We aren't hermits...

...so I know I haven't blogged in almost 3 weeks. I apologize. I guess since Eddie has been home I have really been trying to spend as much time with him as a family as possible. It has been so nice having him home again. I really can not explain the relief I felt when he walked in the front door for the first time in 6 months.

He completed everything on his 'honey-do' list.....things Elijah broke and I needed hung up.... he he he.

Plus 2 days after Eddie got home, school started again. Now all my teacher friends that read this already understand what that first 2 weeks involves and how blogging is just not happening right when school starts. For everyone else, I am literally exhausted after waking up at 4:30 to workout, come home get Elijah up at 6:30, get showered dressed, fix breakfast, get students into the routines of school again......only to mention I have 2 sets of 28 kids throughout the day, come home cook dinner, eat as a family, help with Elijah's homework (Eddie does most of it actually - while I am cooking), then sit down for about 2 hours with my hubby before bedtime.

On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays Elijah has some extra-curricular practices to be at also. You will see those blogs soon.

P.S. I am not complaining......I am very thankful for my family and work!

So all that to say I will blog this weekend..with pictures :) Thanks for holding on with me :)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I know exactly how it is! OMG! except of course the whole part about having my hubby gone for 6 months... which would be terrible, but a few hours I wouldn't mind. And, kuddos to you for still getting up at 4:30 to work out. I tried to the whole 5am thing and it worked for 2 days. Hmm.... will keep working on that, because my booty is growin'!

La Mama said...

Hey JUST imagine me, I have two boys! Sometimes I wonder 'how in the world will I handle three' oh well, guess I will figure it out. Meanwhile we are working on getting two little boys to school, piano, soccer, school activities, PTA meetings, oh my...homeschooling is much easier but this is what we are suppose to be doing right now. And they have great teachers! :)