Saturday, May 9, 2009

Vending machine eggs

So I don't know what it is about Japan and their eggs.......but they are DELICIOUS!  I mean F-R-E-S-H beyond your wildest dreams.  They are larger and cheaper than buying eggs at the commissary too!  Here are pics of the egg vending machine off base.

Pretty regular looking eggs vending machine....right outside the hen house....just off the side of  the street coming from the main gate.


So (as expected) you put 200 yen in, open the latch and........................

'voila' you have access to 8 double yolk eggs - no Styrofoam carton here folks, just a good ole' net bag to carefully carry your eggs home in.........yes, I have broken a few before I even got them home in the past!

4 comments:

katie said...

double yolk?

Jaime said...

That is by far one of the coolest, yet oddest, things I've seen. And yes, double yolk? How's that happen?

kimbasa said...

Those Asians....

ps- I lol'd at your "walla" hahahahahahahahahahah... I think that MIGHT top "apple of my eye"
(and being the true Asian that I am...I must correct you... "voila")

The Breaux Family said...

KT and Jaime - I don;t know how they do it, but every egg in a certain column is always double yolked. I have no idea....I guess they must put some sort of light up to each egg and bag them that way. hmmmmmm?

Kim - for real? Okay I'll go change it! It makes so much more sense then my original word huh? Thanks!