Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Update

A month ago, Eddie decided that we should host a Christmas Eve party for roughly 40 people. He decided the theme should be shrimp. The party was a success - lasting til 2 am Christmas morning! Here is a pic of Eddie steaming shrimp and getting ready to fry shrimp for the very first time. He did a great job (with a lot of help from me)! He even cleaned up the enormous mess he made in the kitchen. For real he had flour EVERYWHERE! My job was to make a carrot cake, lemon cake, hot artichoke/spinach dip and a punch bowl of Sangria.


Since we all (including Elijah) didn't get to sleep until 2:40 am Christmas morning, we didn't wake up until 11:00 to open gifts. Here are some Christmas morning pics of Elijah opening gifts. Midway through opening gifts Elijah unwrapped a book that caught his eye Diary of a Fly. He started reading it. I reminded him that he had more presents to open. He looked over and said I know, but I want to finish reading the book first please. Hey -- I can't beat that! I said "Go for it!"


No comments: