Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inaugural Ball

We went to an inaugural ball this past weekend. Eddie and I spent the evening dancing the night away, while Elijah got to spend the night at his friend's house. It was a really nice event!

There was a live Japanese jazz band. They were REALLY good....I am not exaggerating! Eddie said when he closed his eyes he thought it was actually Ray Charles singing - yes, the little Japanese lead singer had sunglasses on the whole time - but he wasn't blind because he walked around without any assistance.

There was also a female saxophonist that would have given Kenny G a run for his money!

Eddie surprised me and bought the dress for me while he was TDY.......right color, size and everything!

3 comments:

Amy said...

How fun...you look great! I'm LOL about the thought of "Ray" singing...

katie said...

Love you look GORGEOUS!!!! I can't tell you how great you look!! I love the dress. OH yeah, eddie looks good too. :-)

kimbasa said...

it's odd how i can hear "sexyback" playing in the background when i look at your picture! ;) you're a hottie! :) i miss you guys...
:(