Friday, May 27, 2011

It's time to plant some rice and vegetables

So we had the opportunity to plant rice and vegetables with some local, Japanese farmers. Elijah and I were good to go!! I mean how many times do you get the opportunity to help plant rice in Japanese rice fields??

Cleaning the trays afterwards
This is called an Umbrella Plant (just what Americans call it) Check out below to find out why!

Elijah helping out with transporting the rice from the greenhouse to the rice fields
One of many rice greenhouse - this is where they grow the rice to be planted in the rice fields
This is what we had for a our vegetable for dinner that night - FRESH asparagus!
planting corn
This was the end of the afternoon:)

ARGHH!! I can't stand when my blog limits my pictures I can upload....more rice planting pics tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

Neat! I wanna go to Japan. I can't believe how cold it looks over there. It's in the 90's over here.

Alia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.