Monday, August 29, 2011

Today was the 1st day of 4th grade!

Photobucket

.....so let me just tell you that we have always sang the Veggie Tales "Jonah" song on the first day of every school year. We just change it to whatever grade Elijah is in at the time. I just LOVE doing it too!

Can you hear it now (Eddie and Elijah are in PERFECT pitch with me singing LOUDER than both of them waaaaaaaay off key) "It's the 1st day of the 4th grade, it's the 1st day of the 4th grade, it's the first day of the 4th grade clap, clap, clap, clap, etc" Raise your hand if you just sang it out loud and literally clapped your hands 13 times! ha ha ha



I was talking to Eddie about time going by so very fast. I honestly remember taking him to his kinder class in 2007. I told everyone that I was not going to cry. I felt brave that morning while we were getting dressed, but as soon as we got to school....it hit me.....Elijah is actually going to be in kindergarten. (whipping tears away) Now look at him....he is no longer in primary grades! He is a 4th grader!!!!



Well after school we talked and he said, "Mom, I really like 4th grade, I want to stay for a whole year!" Hmmmmmm I am pretty sure he doesn't have much of a choice :)

No comments: