Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cherry Blossom Festival

Yep...another festival that we attended...I told you that there is at least 1 per month once the weather gets nice.  

We went to see Hirosaki castle to see the cherry blossoms in bloom.  I am not going to lie...Elijah wasn't very 'into' the whole thing.  He asked if there was a place to play for the kids.  Hmmmmm not so much.  He stuck in there though - once I bought his cotton candy.  Enjoy the pics!

Not so sure who the random American kid is between us.  

waiting in line for the castle (Kim am I getting better with backgrounds?)

So EVERY TIME (I am not exaggerating) we go on a trip Japanese people are amazed by Elijah.  Eddie and I aren't so sure whether it is his large eyes, the fact that he says konichiwa to them and bows appropriately, or that he is with such a beautiful lady (I would like to think the 3rd choice - I am sure Eddie would say it's not though), but these sweet 60+ year olds stopped us at a rest stop to take pics with everyone in their party......there were about 4 more people in their party.  He loves the attention!  

The Hirosaki castle...we went inside and all he remembered the next morning was the swords, guns and steep stairs we had to walk up and down.  Such a boy :) 
My silly little guy ..... YES it was cold that day.....the festival is about 2 1/2 hours north of where we live.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Ohh... that looks like so much fun! How super cool that you get to go visit those places and experience everything. And... I totally think it must be Elijah's female chaperone... :)