Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We really are still alive.......

.....I know I haven't blogged in hmmm forever. It's just that there really hasn't been that much going on that I think is interesting enough to blog about. Here is an update on us:

1. We are on spring break! HALLELUJAH! I mean I really love teaching for numerous reasons...spring break is one of them! I mean what other profession do you get a week off with your children?

2. I called my mom a few weeks ago....I had an epiphany! Since Eddie left I am unable to go to the gym in the morning, so I go after school with Elijah to the mommy and me room. Elijah plays and plays with all the other kids while we watch them on the treadmill and then Elijah and I go to the weight room where he sits behind a desk and reads, colors or draws pictures of Pokemon, Hulk, Naruto or any other superhero he can think of at the time.

So as soon as we get home I jump in the shower......now please note that I am not a 'long' shower taker......I think with my 12 years of military experience I have grown to wash, rinse and be out within 6 minutes (no joke)! Why is it that EVERY time I turn off the shower Elijah is knocking at the bedroom door asking if he can do something (play with his toys, play outside, etc.)? Hmmm so I called my mom and apologized to her ....... for EVERY time I did NOT allow her to take a shower in peace. My mom laughed!

Man I miss Eddie - he occupied Elijah while I took showers :)

3. So Eddie has been gone for almost 2 months now! YEAH! Staying busy helps plus the GREAT support system at this base! We are about 1/3 of the way done with this deployment.

No comments: