Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

YEPEE!  So the first day of school was great!  Out of 5 years of teaching, I have started the first day on rainy day schedule more then not!  Huh?  Educators can understand the dilemma!  


Elijah was more than excited to go to 1st grade!  He had his backpack packed full of paper towel rolls, Kleenex, hand soap, folders, two journals, pencils, Elmer's glue, glue sticks, scissors, Lysol wipes, crayons, colored pencils, markers and his sack lunch....pretty sure it was heavier than he was.  I sat down and explained to him that we are blessed to be able to afford to buy all these school supplies and that he should be proud to carry the load, because some families can not afford it. He looked at me and said, "But Mom, we can afford school supplies but not school lunch everyday?" I mean really?  That lunch is expensive!  It's $2.20 a day x 5 days a week x 180 school days! NOT HAPPENING!  Eddie and I pack our own lunch and we got JOBS! 

P.S.  EDDIE COMES HOME TOMORROW!!!  

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I love it! Student lunches are up to 2.00 here now. Hayden has a pick of one day a week. Deprived....