Friday, August 22, 2008

MAN I AM BEAT!

Summer break is exactly 67 days long and apparently I am not used to actually working!  I am exhausted!  FOR  REAL....like I've never worked a day in my life.  I have not cooked a day this week! I know, I know I love cooking for the family, but by the time I get off I am exhausted. Hmmmm maybe I could use more iron in my diet?  Whatever! (have you noticed I ALWAYS bring food up in my blogs?) 

Subway and Chinese fried rice (yes in Japan -- the irony) have been our subsistence this week.  

We had one of two open houses today.  It went GREAT!  The parents were really receptive to having a 'new' teacher on the team! My class size is 23....can I get a Hallelujah? I've never had it so good in my life! I am looking forward to starting the school year off Monday with the kiddos. Eddie comes home in 4 days! 

Earlier this week someone asked me 'how' I do it.  I asked 'do what?' They said become a single parent while your husband is gone repeatedly, keep the house running, faithful to your husband.  I told her I do it because nights alone aren't permanent, missing him reminds me of how blessed I am to have someone to miss and because I am not afraid to make sacrifices for TRUE LOVE.   

3 comments:

Beth Breaux said...

You go Girl!! This is all so very stressful. Gracie starts kindergarten Monday also and we went to Meet the Teacher last night. I joined the PTO and signed up for all kind of volunteer opportunities at the school. I think I'm having a harder time than Gracie is. She just wants to ride that big yellow bus that stops in front of the house. I'm just not ready for the next phase of her growing up. I have so enjoyed the threes' and four's. OK call me crazy but it's been fun. Pray for me on Monday and I'll do the same for you.

kimbasa said...

you are too cute! when did school start?! i was going to call you...but then i saw you were at work! crazy! that was about the shortest summer vacation!

so...i never did get in touch w/ eddie...been a crazy couple of weeks! :P

Jaime said...

What a great answer... seriously though, what else is there to do? Jonathan works about 1 night a week and I get the kids... No big deal, but it's life. The things we do for love...