Friday, September 5, 2008

I love my career!!!

So I had my second open house this week and we (the teachers) introduced ourselves to the parents. You know we have to mention the regular stuff (educaton, years of experience and hobbies) I also mentioned that I spent 12 years in the AF - 6 years active duty/6 years Reserves. A parent asked why I got out after 12 years and I could have retired in 8 more. Honestly, when I was in 5th grade I knew I wanted to become a teacher.



Funny huh?



I have known since I was 10 years old that I wanted to teach....I LOVE WHAT I DO! I truly love it. Yes, it tires me out daily, my feet hurt, there is a lot of pressure to perform, A LOT of paperwork and the pay isn't the best....but it makes me so happy to enjoy what I do daily.



There is always a new story to share with Eddie when he comes home or friends/family. I just wanted to tell you all that I really enjoy being able to do something I love!

1 comment:

kimbasa said...

that's so awesome, love...i wish i loved my career as a teacher more...i loved teaching...just not the career...or...yeah...you know whatelse i didn't love!!! :)

it's on tonight, girl!